Monday, February 13, 2012

Transfiguration Year B


L       “What right have you to recite my statutes, or take my covenant on your lips?” says the Lord. “For you hate discipline, and you cast my words behind you. But those who bring thanksgiving as their sacrifice honor me; to those who go the right way I will show the salvation of God.” (Psalm 50:16-17,23) Let us confess the ways we fail to honor the Lord.

Silence kept for confession and reflection

L       The heavens declare his righteousness, for God himself is judge.

C            I will offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and pay my vows to the Most High. (Psalm 50:6,14)

L          Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth (for) it is God who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (Psalm 50:2, 2 Corinthians 4:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment