Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Epiphany 3b


L       Those of high degree are but a fleeting breath; those of low estate cannot be trusted. Placed on the scales together they weigh even less than a breath. Put no trust in extortion; in robbery take no empty pride; though wealth increase set not your heart upon it. (Psalm 65:9-10) Let us confess the ways we set our hearts on empty pride.

Time for confession and reflection

L       God alone is my rock and my salvation,

C       God is my deliverance and my honor; I shall never be shaken for God is my strong rock and my refuge. (Psalm 65:6-7)



L       Brothers and sisters, the appointed time has grown short; from now on…deal with the world as though you had no dealings with it for the present form of this world is passing away. (1 Corinthians 7:29, 31)

No comments:

Post a Comment