Sunday, January 8, 2012

Epiphany 2b


L       …do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you were bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body. (1 Corinthians 6:19, 20) Let us confess the ways we fail to honor God with our whole being.

Silence for confession and reflection


L       O LORD, you have searched me out and have known me.


C       You know my sitting down and my rising up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You yourself created my inmost parts; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I will thank you because I am marvelously made. (Psalm 139:2, 14)


L         All things are lawful for me, but not all things are beneficial. "All things are lawful for me," but I will not be dominated by anything. All who are united to the Lord become one spirit with him. (1 Corinthians 6:12, 17)


No comments:

Post a Comment