Sunday, November 13, 2011

Christ the King Year A

L         “Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD: Because you pushed with flank and shoulder, and butted at all the weak animals with your horns until you scattered them far and wide, I will save my flock, and they shall no longer be ravaged; and I will judge between sheep and sheep.” (Ezekiel 34:20-24) Let us confess the ways we fail to live as the people of God’s pasture and the sheep of God’s hand.

Time for confession and reflection
 

L          Let us come before God's presence with thanksgiving,
 
C         “Come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord our maker. For the Lord is our God, and we are the people of God's pasture and the sheep of God's hand.” (Psalm 95:6-7)
 
L         For thus says the Lord God: As shepherds seek out their flocks when they are among their scattered sheep, so I will seek out my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places to which they have been scattered… (Ezekiel 34:11-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment