Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pentecost 16b


L       The Lord God has given me the tongue of a teacher, that I may know how to sustain the weary with a word. Morning by morning he wakens my ear to listen as those who are taught. The Lord GOD has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious, I did not turn backward. (Isaiah 50:4-5) Let us confess the ways we fail to listen to the word that sustains.
Silence is kept for confession and reflection
L       Gracious is the Lord and righteous;
C       Our God is full of compassion. The Lord rescues us from death; our eyes from tears and our feet from stumbling. (Psalm 116:5,8)

L        The Lord God helps me; therefore I have not been disgraced; It is the Lord God who helps me; who will declare me guilty? (Isaiah 50:4 7, 9)

No comments:

Post a Comment