Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pentecost 6b



L       Have mercy upon us, O LORD, for we have had more than enough of contempt, too much of the scorn of the indolent rich, and of the derision of the proud. (Psalm 123:3-4) Let us confess the ways in which we also are proud and show contempt to others who have less than we do.

Silence is kept for confession and reflection

L       Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy,
C       To you we lift up our eyes, to you enthroned in the heavens. Show us your mercy. (Psalm 123 1-3)

L       "My grace is sufficient for you, (says the Lord) for power is made perfect in weakness." So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me, for whenever I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9, 10b)

No comments:

Post a Comment